St. Patrick's Day is this week, and while my knowledge of this holiday is confined to wearing green, I wanted to give you a little something special.
But this isn't just some strange green dessert, this is a green juice granita for those that need to recover after one too many green beers. if you've never had a granita it's kind of like a fancy snow cone, typically used as a palate cleanser between dishes at a restaurant.
this granita is filled with pineapple, coconut water, lime + kale. Yes! Kale. granita's are sweet, so the kale adds color + an excuse to count this as a salad. dive in!
green juice granita
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 lime, juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. blend thoroughly, no chunks are allowed in this granita!
- Pour this mixture in a large freezer-safe tupperware. Place this in the freezer.
- Here's the part that takes some time. every hour or so use a fork to scrape the freezing mixture. you don't want it to completely freeze up, but slowly form a slush. revisit until the mixture is completely frozen.
- Serve straight from the freezer with coconut chips for extra crunch.