This one is silly simple, because when we're busy running our own empires + killing it at work all day we need something comforting + easy.
Mashed sweet potatoes on their own are great. But mashed sweet potatoes with curry is something different. Curry warms up this dish, while green onions add some oniony bite. Another nice idea would be to top this with spicy marinara. Oh man, now that's a great idea!
I also made a video for this recipe! Gah, so please watch it below + let me know what you think.
Mashed sweet potatoes with curry
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Splash of 1/2 + 1/2
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Green onions, for garnish
- Prick each sweet potato with a fork. This will release the steam while they cook!
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 5-6 minutes, or until they're soft.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave, they'll be hot! Peel the sweet potatoes + mash up the insides.
- Stir in the curry powder to combine. Add some 1/2 + 1/2 if the mixture is too thick. Sprinkle in salt + pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with green onions sprinkled on top.