OMG, it's almost time for the big game! it's no big surprise that i get the most excited over planning the food we'll eat. that's also because the team I grew up rooting for (jets, yeah I know) haven't actually been in the big game during my lifetime.
there's always next season!
so just in case you're like me, you'll need to have a few recipes up your sleeve. start off the evening with a fresh five layer dip.
this isn't your typical heavy, stuffed layer dip. this one features guacamole + homemade garlic white bean hummus. then you add tomatoes, cheese + chopped green onions. it's silly easy, but won't make you regret digging in for more.
what's that, you need more recipes for a fancy super bowl party? here's some others you'll want to keep on hand for the big game:
Five layer dip with garlic white bean hummus
for the garlic bean hummus //
- 6-7 whole garlic cloves
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- dash of olive oil and salt
- 1 15.5 oz. can of white beans, rinsed
for assembling //
- guacamole (store bought is a-ok)
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- shredded cheese (monterey jack or even a mild cheddar is great)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- first preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- now you get to roast the garlic. create a foil pocket, wrapping up the garlic cloves + thyme in the foil. you'll want to add some olive oil + salt to this packet before popping it in the oven for ~40 minutes until soft.
- once roasted, remove the thyme sprigs from the foil. whiz up everything in the packet with the white beans in a food processor. hey, you made garlic white bean hummus! taste for seasoning, you might want to add some sriracha sauce if you like spicy spreads.
- to assemble the dip, create layers of each ingredient repeating until you reach the top of your serving bowl. you might want to start with a layer of the hummus, then some guacamole + finish off the layer with the tomatoes, shredded cheese + green onions. keep repeating + then serve this with some blue corn chips or veggies for dipping.