Happy 6th day of Blogmas! I am loving Blogmas, but this weather...not too much.
I am not going to lie, I already know that I will be one of those grannies that lives up north half of the year + then hibernates to warmer climates in the winter.
Honestly I hope that that happens sooner than later.
To warm our bellies how about we consume way too many hot mochas this winter? Those $4+ lattes are delicious, but you can achieve the same result at home.
This one starts by combining water, cocoa power + white sugar in a mug. To this slurry we add strongly brewed coffee + warmed milk. A frother is necessary to get that rich, frothy top, but you can achieve similar results with a beater or just skip it + top with whipped cream.
However you get to the end result, this will perk you up!
Homemade Hot Mocha [per mocha]
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shaved chocolate (like this one)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- Chocolate shavings +/or cocoa powder, to garnish
- Combine cocoa powder, white sugar + water in a mug.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk + chocolate. Heat until steaming. Take off the heat + stir in the vanilla extract.
- Use a frother to whip the milk. You want it to be frothy, but not entirely so.
- Stir the brewed coffee into the cocoa slurry. Pour the frothed milk on top. Garnish with chocolate shavings +/or cocoa powder. Both is also a great move.