With summer fast approaching, I find I'm craving anything that's cool and crisp. Slices of watermelon, raw green beans and crunchy tasty salads of all kinds are welcome.
This crunchy jicama salad fits the bill. Crispy cabbage, jicama and radishes tossed in a vinaigrette? Sign me up! It's kind of like a light slaw, since you thinly slice everything, but it's freaking delicious as a salad. Just be sure to thinly slice everything!
Crunchy jicama salad
- 1/2 green cabbage, thinly sliced with darker green leafs removed
- 1 cup jicama, thinly sliced into sticks
- 1 radish, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
Toss together the cabbage, jicama, radish and mint.
Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, rice wine vinegar and honey. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Toss the vinaigrette into the vegetables. Enjoy right away for the most crunch, or let it sit for more of a slaw.