Nothing is easier than putting tons of delicious things on one pan and then baking everything in one shot. Frankly, this is exactly how I survived feeding myself during college.
Also there's nothing like the flavor + creaminess of coconut milk, and you can't substitute anything else for it in this dish. And you won't want to! You can try playing around with the spices, but I found that the mustard + curry powder is subtle enough for picky eaters, but still packs tons of flavor. Try this with quinoa to make a hearty bowl perfect for this time of the year.
Coconut curry chicken
- 10 chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 orange (slice half and squeeze the other half)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro plus more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking dish, combine the coconut milk, orange juice, garlic, ground mustard, curry powder + chopped ginger. Mix to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and coat them in the coconut milk mixture. Arrange them in the baking dish in one layer. Top with orange slices, onion + cilantro, making sure to they're all evenly dispersed.
- Bake the dish in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour until cooked through. Enjoy with quinoa, if preferred.