...and your schnauzer wants in. Happy Friday!
This one is silly simple, because when we're busy running our own empires + killing it at work all day we need something comforting + easy.
Mashed sweet potatoes on their own are great. But mashed sweet potatoes with curry is something different. Curry warms up this dish, while green onions add some oniony bite. Another nice idea would be to top this with spicy marinara. Oh man, now that's a great idea!
I also made a video for this recipe! Gah, so please watch it below + let me know what you think.
Mashed sweet potatoes with curry
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Splash of 1/2 + 1/2
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Green onions, for garnish
- Prick each sweet potato with a fork. This will release the steam while they cook!
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 5-6 minutes, or until they're soft.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave, they'll be hot! Peel the sweet potatoes + mash up the insides.
- Stir in the curry powder to combine. Add some 1/2 + 1/2 if the mixture is too thick. Sprinkle in salt + pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with green onions sprinkled on top.
I have never been one to like subscription services + commitment. In my book a subscription service is a major commitment, because I'm committing to receiving something monthly. monthly! But a subscription service dedicated to sharing small business makers in the food space? Ok, yeah I can definitely get behind that.
I'm not really sure why it took so long to find a box I could actually commit to, but Hatchery definitely nailed it.
Hatchery is a monthly food subscription box. Each month you receive five food products that are made by small makers from across the country. typically you'll receive a few jarred items (like honey or jam), bottled sauces (think hot sauce!) + spice mixes. each product is very unique + inspiring for those that love to cook.
Hint, hint: I'll be adding recipes on the blog that feature these delicious ingredients. Note I bought this with my own money, so I just really darn like it. Ok?
Want to watch me try out each of these ingredients? Check out my video below + make sure to subscribe if you like what you see. I'll continue to do these unboxing videos depending on the feedback I get!