Hey, still in California! Over the weekend we drove up to Napa and in the next fews days we'll be soaking up everything it has to offer. So...tons of food + wine, of course!
But as promised I still have recipes for you. Here's a fast favorite recipe of mine combining two great things: pasta + seafood. Now normally seafood + cheese don't mix, but for some reason crab with this cheesy sauce just works.
Note this is also a great pasta to give your picky eaters, who typically wouldn't eat seafood. It's creamy + savory, with a slight saltiness. There isn't much not to like!
Ricotta and crab pasta
- 1 lb. dried shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 8 oz. cooked crab meat
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Start by cooking the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile build the sauce by melting the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the garlic. Stir the garlic until soft + just barely golden. Stir in the ricotta + half and half. The ricotta will melt into the sauce, that's great! Remove the pan from the heat + stir in the crab meat.
- When the pasta is done, drain it. Then add the pasta to the sauce with the crab. Toss to combine.
- To finish, add the parmesan cheese, parsley + black pepper. Stir to combine everything, then enjoy.