There's TONS of mint growing in our backyard, so clearly this is a sign that we need to make more mojitos.
Mojitos have it all going for them: citrus, herbs, bubbles + rum. It's kind of perfect, but you can always improve upon a classic. So this one has even more lime (in the form of simple syrup!) + grilled pineapples.
Sip on that.
Grilled pineapple mojito (per mojito)
- 3 cubes fresh pineapple
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz. white rum
- 1 tablespoon lime simple syrup (recipe below)
- Lemon lime seltzer
- Start by grilling the pineapple + lime. Heat a griddle pan on medium heat (or use an actual grill if you're fancy). Grill the pineapple + lime. Once you see grill marks you're there.
- In a large glass add the mint + fresh lime juice. Muddle together.
- Add the rum + simple syrup. Stir.
- Add ice to the glass + top it all off with lemon lime seltzer.
Lime simple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 lime (the whole thing!)
- Combine water, white sugar + lime in a small saucepan. Heat on low.
- Keep stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from the heat + cool.