I'm all for tradition, but sometimes you want to ignore tradition + just do something different. So in walks this potato salad. It's not your traditional one. It's a sweet potato salad.
I'm not sure what switch went off in my brain, but this one is a keeper. It has the tang from greek yogurt, but it's sweeter than a traditional potato salad. Enjoy it with a large BBQ spread this summer.
Sweet potato salad
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber, halved + de-seeded
- 5 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 garlic clove, very finely grated
- Salt + pepper
- Boil the sweet potatoes until nearly tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain + set aside.
- Prep the sauce. Combine the greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice + garlic. Add salt + pepper for taste.
- In a large bowl, gently stir the sauce into the sweet potatoes. Add the red onion + cucumber. Enjoy.