blagh, this weather's got me feeling blagh. because one day it's warm/sunny + the next it's cold/overcast. it's confusing + frankly I don't know what to eat on these day either.
ha! I know, poor me. but I'm flipping between craving grilled cheese + kale salads over here.
this carrot salad though, it's kind of like my middle ground. it's fresh with the pesto + carrots, but indulgent with tons of feta too. it's the kind of food I want to eat now + I thought you'd like it too.
and it's simple. just shaved carrots, an avocado (+ parsley) pesto + the feta. toss it all together + enjoy!
shaved carrots with avocado pesto
- 7 small/medium carrots, peeled
- 2 bunches parsley (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Shave the carrots using a vegetable peeler (or spiralizer!) Place the carrot shavings in a bowl of ice water. Set aside.
- Combine the parsley, avocado, garlic, walnuts, vinegar + olive oil in a food processor until it turns into a pesto consistency. Taste for seasoning, adding salt if needed. Drain the carrots.
- To serve combine the carrots with the pesto + feta crumbles. Serve with more parsley for garnish.