Maybe it's the threat of summer on the horizon, but I definitely have been craving more vegetables lately.
don't get me wrong. I also just baked this walnut loaf cake, but I'm craving vegetables much more than usual.
while i can dig into a raw carrot stick like no other, roasting vegetables is my number one way to enjoy the earthy stuff.
this recipe is a quick one for making roasted vegetables tasty. i used pattypan squash because I think they're absolutely adorable, but this will work with your average zucchini as well. the chili yogurt adds creaminess, so vegetables haters are satisfied.
if you're looking for other roasted vegetable recipes, I'd suggest you make this roasted butternut squash one! otherwise, enjoy!
roasted squash with chili yogurt
- 1 dozen pattypan squash
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch of paprika
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Drizzle of honey
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a parchment lined baking pan with olive oil. add the pattypan squash, a drizzle of olive oil + a pinch of paprika into a zip-top bag. Toss this around to throughly coat the squash.
- arrange the squash on the baking pan and roast in the oven until golden. this will be around 20-30 minutes.
- meanwhile prepare the yogurt. Combine the plain greek yogurt, ancho chili pepper, lime juice + honey in a bowl. taste. if it tastes flat to you, add salt + pepper to boost the flavor.
- serve the squash with the spiced yogurt. enjoy right away.