real talk: eating chicken wings is really fun. or at least it should be. and it's really, really fun when the wings are spicy and sticky, but not in the way you're used to.
in walks my stupid simple recipe for sticky + spicy chicken wings. the best part of this recipe is that it only really requires three ingredients: chicken, honey + hot sauce. the spiciness of the hot sauce is mellowed out by the sweet honey, but it's still smokey + savory.
I really love Formosa's hot sauce for this recipe because it's thick + spicy, not watery at all. a thick sauce really makes a difference here, so I would try to find something that's a little more substantial than your typical wooden-topped hot sauce. other than that, dig in.
Sticky + spicy chicken wings
- 9 full chicken wings, remove the tips and separate the drumette + the wingette
- 1/4 cup Habanero hot sauce (I used this one)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Marinate the chicken wings by combing the chicken, hot sauce + honey in a large bowl. Let this sit for around 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to permeate the meat.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the wings on an oiled foil-lined baking sheet for around 1 hour. You'll want the wings to be golden brown, so you might want to flip them throughout baking.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley on top.