Everyone, we have been fooled. We've been paying way too much for store-bought chocolate truffles when they are dumb easy to make at home.
A chocolate truffle is essentially chocolate + cream. Yeah, that's it. But it's totally about the quality of these ingredients that makes a difference. You can make truffles sans adding anything else, but there's something about adding a touch of flavor to make them special.
This recipe is silly easy, but incorporates black cherry jam for an extra punch of flavor. Bag these up for gifts if you want to be extra cute!
But wait, there's more!
Are you looking for more ideas for Valentine's Day? Your wish is granted! Here are my favorite recipes for a romantic, delicious night:
sip // is there any other option than champs?
indulge // these truffles, duh!
Chocolate cherry truffles
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon black cherry jam
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a heat-safe + microwave-safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips over a pot of simmering water or in a microwave. Stir in the heavy cream until incorporated. Add the jam and stir again to incorporate.
- Now it's a waiting game, place this bowl in the fridge until the chocolate firms up.
- Once firm, use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to portion out the chocolate mixture. Using your hands roll each portion into a ball. Roll each ball in the cocoa powder to coat. Repeat until you have scooped + rolled all of the chocolate mixture. Enjoy!