Hey, it's 2016! Welcome back to the blog.
While most other blogs are sharing healthy recipes for that whole "New Year/New You" thing, I think we'll keep it real over here. I've never been much for New Year's resolutions + this year is no exception. I always have goals, "wow it would be cool to take more photographs this year" or "let's try to eat at every soup dumpling place in the east village", but otherwise the grand resolutions of getting fit/eating healthier food/eating less junk food should always be part of your mindset.
But not everyday. So for those days, you can enjoy these cornbread waffles. These are crazy simple because all it involves is your waffle maker + your favorite cornbread mix. ok, plus the honey spice butter. but that's only if you are looking to be fancy this 2016.
A waffle maker works really well with cornbread mix, almost a tad bit better than your oven since it makes the exterior crazy crispy. So here's to crispy cornbread waffles + knowing that the treadmill will still be there tomorrow!
Cornbread waffles with honey spice butter
- Cornbread mix
- Honey spice butter
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- prepare your favorite brand of cornbread mix. use your favorite brand + follow the instructions to prepare the batter. keep aside.
- While you prep the honey spice butter, pre-heat your waffle maker.
- Prepare the honey spice butter by combing the butter (room temperature is a must!), honey, cinnamon + allspice in a small bowl. mix + stir everything together until it's smooth.
- when your waffle maker is ready, be sure to spray it with some non-stick cooking spray! then add in a nice scoop of your cornbread mix. just like you would with waffles, cook each cornbread "waffle" until it is crispy.
- serve immediately with plenty of the butter slathered over each waffle. enjoy!