By Sarah Adiutori of Weekend Pursuits
I am a firm believer in not allowing your fancy glassware and pretty dishes to collect dust, which is why I use mine on Tuesdays or Thursdays or really any day. I never understood hiding away the goods for a special occasion, everyday is special! However, growing up the fancy dishes were squirreled away until the holidays, until they were placed on our dinner table alongside several candles and a cheerful centerpiece. I have helped set our holiday table for several years and I love adding special touches, like these adorable and super easy Christmas Napkin Rings!
2” PVC Pipe, cut into 1” pieces
Fabric Ribbon, cut into 8” pieces
Christmas Ornaments (I purchased mine from the Dollar Tree) Hot Glue Gun and Glue
1. Apply hot glue to a cut piece of PVC pipe, attach a piece of ribbon to the PVC pipe ring, making sure to center the ring on the ribbon (see photo).
2. Continue applying glue to the ring and attaching the ribbon all the way around the ring, making sure to smooth the ribbon down as you go.
3. When you have covered the entire outside of the ring, apply hot glue to the end of the ribbon and fold over about 1⁄4” inch of the ribbon to create a neat edge (see photo) then continue gluing until all of the remaining ribbon is attached to the ring.
4. Turn your ring so that you can see the cut edge of the PVC pipe, apply glue to the cut edge and smooth the ribbon down over the cut edge toward the inside of the ring. Repeat on the other side.
5. Hot glue an ornament on to your ribbon covered PVC ring.
6. Add a napkin and jazz up your holiday table!
p.s. How adorable are those place cards? Head over to Weekend Pursuits to see the tutorial!
Contributor Bio - Sarah Adiutori
Sarah Adiutori is the editor and founder of Weekend Pursuits, where she inspires DIY Mavens to embrace the best days of each week. From Friday night (post-happy hour #cheers) to Sunday (pre-bunch), she knows a DIY lady will cook, create and celebrate until her heart is content or she runs out of sequins. Adiutori has bounced between the west and east coast throughout her life and currently resides in the Northeast. A self proclaimed (although confirmed by most everyone she meets) glitter obsessed, caffeine addicted, craft lover who has never met a hashtag she didn’t like. She always has a “just in case” piece of jewelry in her extra large handbag and lots of hand sanitizer.