We are 16 days into Blogmas guys, and we have shared DIYs, recipes and even fashion tips, but booze has alluded us. Today is its day.
This babe is sweet, so for all of you bourbon straight up folks look elsewhere. Even in the winter I prefer a sweet cocktail, but that's my game. Feel free to cut some of the sugar, change up the herbs or leave them out. Simple syrup is not a science, but a 1:1 ratio is the classic.
You will make enough simple syrup for 20 cocktails. So call 20 of your closest friends and family members, pop open a few bottles of Prosecco + go loco.
Cranberry Thyme Christmas Sparkler
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme + extra for garnish
- 2 bottles Prosecco or sparkling white wine
- Combine the water, sugar, cranberries and fresh thyme in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring, and then set aside to cool.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- To prepare each drink add 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup and top each glass with Prosecco. Stir with the a thyme sprig and rest the sprig on top of the drink to garnish.